✩❤➪ HOME ✩❤➪ Instagram ✩❤➪ Deviantart

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Asian Snack Haul

Hello everyone! From today I'll start making a haul of asian snacks I buy arround where I live. I'm doing this because I want to share with you all the things I enjoy eating sometimes (when I find them). So I whent to my local asian shop and decided to buy snacks. I really love asian snacks especially Mochi and Pocky. Unfortunatelly where I live they don't sell Pocky but mochi yes. I really LOVE green tea flavoured things, but as always they don't sell it here where I live. You may be asking how I know that I like them if I can't find any, well I tasted it for the first time when I whent to Milan. All I can say about Milan is that there are A LOT of asian stores, by a lot i mean A LOT LOT. From there I found out that I love them. Anyway I'll show you what I bought :D 

There are a lot of different things. So starting from left there is: 2 packs of seaweed crisps with different seeds, Taro mochi, 4 packs of noodle snacks, 2 are seaweed flavor, 1 original ramen and 1 BBQ flavor.
Starting from the seaweed crisps here is how the package looks like: 



   These have grain and sesame seeds in it                                 These have almonds and sesame seeds

Once you open the package you see this, long stripes of seaweed

It basically is a sandwich of seaweed and seeds. It tastes absolutely delicious. and they both look the same and kind of taste the same only that the grain one has a stronger seed taste, but really good. They are crunchy and light. Love them!

Next one on the list is the Taro Mochi. The box looks like this:

The inside looks like this:
How you can see 2 are missing because someone ate them :p 
If you never ate mochi, it is basically made of rise cake flour and the typical filling would be red bean paste but there are a lot of different fillings. They usually come in a round shape and covered in starch because their consistency is really chewy and sticky s to prevent it to stick they cover it in starch. You can easily make them at home with glutinous rice flour, salt, sugar and warm water.

This is the inside of the mochi and I can say that it's delicious. At the store there was peanut butter mochi, sesame seeds mochi and taro. I like them all a lot but still got the taro one.

Next ones are the noodle snacks:
I'm going to review 2 of them today because I opened these two and will do the others in a second time.



                These are Seaweed flavor                                                       These BBQ flavor
The seaweed flavor ones (how you can see in the picture) consist in noodles all crumbled and shaped in a candy shape with crumbled seaweed in it. They're really cruchy and a little spicy. They taste just like noodles xD The other ones actually don't taste like BBQ at all. They just taste spicy and that's it. :( But it's a nice snack to eat :D love it. I actually ate these before when I was in Milan :p

This is how they look in the pack

small and cute. I can say that they're big as a coin

This is it. I'm going to blog about the others in another post and I'm going to show you the things I bought from Milan :D Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment