✩❤➪ HOME ✩❤➪ Instagram ✩❤➪ Deviantart

Sunday, January 12, 2014

D I Y Bunny Ear Hair Tie

Hello readers! Today I wanted to start my first DIY. I decided to show you with a photo tutorial how to make your own Bunny Ear Hair Tie. It's my first time doing this so hope you will all enjoy it :D I was inspired by one of my friends who really wanted to buy one of these hair ties but I was thinking, why don't you make one yourself. I think it's cheaper and more fun. You can personalize it with different fabrics and colours.
So lets get started shall we?
First of all these are the thing you'll need: Scissors, a pen, an elastic and fabric. (You can use a scrap one too.)
 
Step 1.
Cut a piece of fabric 18 inches long (46cm)
3 inches wide (8cm)
Then fold it in half with the right way inside and pin it: 
 

 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Step 2.
                     Cut another piece of fabbric 
                    12 inches long (30cm)
                       5 inches  wide(13cm). 
       Fold it in half and then again from left to right.        

         Step 3. 
           Draw a half leaf shape on the half fabric and cut it out:


Step 4.
Open the cut out leaf and pin it leaving the center part open.
Sew it or glue it together leaving the center open:

















                                                                 Step 5.
Reverse all pieces and make sure to sew or glue the center of our leaf shape:



                                                                                                                    Step 6.
Put the elastic in the tube shape fabric with the help of a safety pin, tie it and put one of the ends into the other and then glue or sew them together:
















                                                                  Last Step, Step 7.
Iron the leafe shape fabric to make it flat and smooth and then tie it arround the elastic we made before






You are done! Congratulations!!!You just made a Bunny Ear Hair Tie!
This is the final result :D I really love it  


♥ 

You can wear it anywhere and in a lot of different hair styles!

























   







Hope you all enjoyed my DIY. Hope to see you all making one in a lot of different colours. I really had  fun making this even because it was my first time using a sewing machine! I was so excited :D Please   subscribe to my blog and look forward for more! See you all in the next DIY.    
.Erika                                        

3 comments: