✩❤➪ HOME ✩❤➪ Instagram ✩❤➪ Deviantart

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

D.I.Y- Green Smoothie (green powder)

Are you tired or out of green veggies? But still you want to have a nice fresh, healthy and fast Green Smothie? Well you came across the right post :D
Today I'll be introducing a new ingredient I recently came across these days. What I'm talking about is: "Wheatgrass Powder"What this is it's basically wheatgrass in a powder form. If you didn't know wheatgrass is very healthy for you. I know you may think that this is what cats or dogs eat but it contains minerals, amino acids, vitamins, clorophyll, and enzymes. They even say it has curative benefits(?) It's even gluten-free so no worry!
Wheatgrass is a good source of potassium, a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium, and has negligible amount of protein (less than one gram per 28 grams). Adding other foods with complementary amino acid profiles to this food may yield a more complete protein source and improve the quality of some types of restrictive diets.
So it's a healthy thing to integrate in your daily smoothie or diets.
You can even grow it on your own and juice it or buy it in a powder form like I did. Really cheap!

After all this long information lets go to the actual recipe for a nice Green Smoothie! ^_^

INGREDIENTS:
(1 person)
-1 banana
-half a cup of milk (this time I used hazlenut "milk")
-1 tsp of wheatgrass powder
(Optional)
-1 tbsp chia seeds

LETS GET STARTED!
-First of all, in a blender, combine the banana, milk and wheatgrass



-Blend untill smooth

-Serve and enjoy

(optional)
-Add the chia seeds




You're Done!

Wasn't this really easy? It even had a few ingredients! Really tasty and fast too! 
Doesn't the color look so pretty?
I really like the taste of this because it's not too sweet or too herby. It's just tasty at the right point xD
I enjoyed making it even tho it took like less then 5 minutes to do it. 
In the future I'll try to experiment different tastes with the wheatgrass powder combining different ingredients. 
I hope you had fun doing it with me and hope you can try combining different things too :D

If you're interested in the Wheatgrass Powder I used and more info about it, I'm willing to share it only with you guys <3

No comments:

Post a Comment