✩❤➪ HOME ✩❤➪ Instagram ✩❤➪ Deviantart

Saturday, October 11, 2014

D.I.Y- Vegan Banana Pancakes! (+ Pancake with Caramel filling)

Have you ever felt the time when you really wanted to eat something you didn't eat for a long time and you search for the recipe and eventually see that you can't eat it because you're vegan?
Well you came across the right post. Today I'll be sharing with you guys my recipe for Vegan Pancakes. Shall we start?

INGREDIENTS: (around 10+ servings)
-1 banana (if you don't like banana you can use coconut butter)
-1 cup of soy/almond milk
-200 ml of all purpose flour
-2 tsp of baking powder
-1 tsp of vanilla extract (you can add lemon peel. I personally think it's better but didn't have some)
-1 pinch of salt

STEPS:

-First of all take a banana and mash it or blend it until smooth.


-Add the milk, mix well, then add the flour. If you see that the mixture is too thick, then add some more milk. It shouldn't bee too liquid nor too thick.

-At last add the baking powder, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well. Baking powder will make our pancakes sponge like, very fluffy
-Heat a pan and oil it (you don't have to do it but it's to make sure the pancake won't stick to the pan and burn)
-When the pan is hot take a large spoon and scoop some mixture and cook it
-Try to make small pancakes but if you prefer you can make them bigger. To understand if it's ready to turn it you have to look at the bubbles it forms. Once you lace the mixture on the pan you'll see some bubbles popping and reforming. Once you see the bobbles stopped popping and you see some holes it's time to turn them. Take a spatula and turn them/it. Once you turned it see if it gets off the pan by scraping it off. If so your pancake is ready to put on a plate


-Use all the mixture and....You're done!
Serve on a plate with some maypole syrup or jam. Any topping you like... and ENJOY!

























ALTERNATIVE:
I made an alternative to a simple plane pancake. If you're curious then keep on reading! :D

Since I had quite a lot of mixture for just one person I tried doing something new. I did a pancake, caramel sandwich. It's just basically a pancake with caramel inside. Here is how you can make it:

-Instead of placing the mixture on the pan, then flipping it. You simply want to place some mixture on the pan, get your caramel (by caramel I'm talking about caramel cream) and place it at the center of the pancake.
-After you see the bottom one is cooked add a second layer, a "lid".
-Pour a second spoon of mixture right on top of the pancake and turn it.
-After it's cooked you now have a Pancake Sandwich :D

Don't they look exactly like "real" pancakes??



Check these two pictures. Look how fluffy they are! So good!





















I think this is really a great alternative to Simple Pancake and it's really good because you don't even have to add a topping! You have it all inside.

Today I told you two recipes using the same ingredients. When I did the pancakes I was so surprised how fluffy they were. I thought since I didn't use any egg they could come flat, but using the baking powder it made them super fluffy. I kept on touching them. So fluffy xD They were really tasty and delicious. I ate them plane but you can eat them with anything.( I was so surprised in how many recipes banana fits perfectly. I'm starting to think that banana is my main ingredient in a lot of my daily food!)
One thing, you want to make sure you eat them the same day if not they'll harden and they won't be as good as before.

I hope you you enjoyed this recipe and will try it out yourself. A easy and healthy alternative to pancakes. 
I hope you'll try different toppings and different ways to eat them xD


No comments:

Post a Comment